Request a Copy of your Lost or Missing Tax Stamp Letter Generator

If you have lost your original tax stamp from the ATF, you can request a copy of your tax stamp to be mailed to you. In your letter you will need to include the below information:

Your name, current address, reason for request in detail surrounding the loss or damage of original issued stamp and the signature of the transferor or transferee depending on who is requesting the copy.

In addition, if the address provided on the request is not the current address in the National Firearms Registration and Transfer Record (NFRTR) it will be necessary to submit an ATF Form 5320.20 for approval before the certified copy is mailed out.  You can view our ATF 5320.20 Application to Transport NFA Firearms Walk-Through Guide here. 

Please Note - Transferors: Please allow 30 days from time of approval prior to requesting a certified copy, since often times the original tax stamp is returned by the United States Postal Service as undeliverable, and the return can often take a few weeks. ATF’s intent is to provide the original tax stamp to the owner before providing a certified copy whenever possible.  

You will mail your request to the below address:

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Attention: NFA Branch
244 Needy Rd
Martinsburg, WV 25405-9431

You can also email or your signed request to the below email address:

ATF's Email Address:

If you don't want to create your own request letter for a replacement copy of your ATF tax stamp, you can simply use our Request a Copy of your Lost or Missing Tax Stamp Letter Generator below. 

*Please Fill Out the Below Fields to Create your Request for a Copy of your Lost or Missing Tax Stamp Letter*