Step by Step Walk-Through Guide for the ATF FD-258 Fingerprint Cards.
2a and 2b. Signature and residence of Person Fingerprinted Block. Obtain the signature of the person being fingerprinted, in ink. Also, enter the residential address of the person being fingerprinted.
3. Aliases (AKA) Block. Enter other names used by the subject that are different than the name entered in the “NAM” block #1. Also list the signature name as an AKA if different than the name that appears in the “NAM” block. Maiden names and all previous married names of females should be entered in the AKA field, if known.
4. Originating Agency Identifier (ORI) Block. If the ORI number is not preprinted by the FBI/ATF, enter the ORI number, agency name, city and state. The ORI for the ATF is WVATF0800, ATF-NATL TRA CTR, MARTINSBURG, WV or WVATF0900, ATF-NATL TRA CTR, MARTINSBURG, WV.
5. Date of Birth (DOB) Block. Enter the DOB in month, day, year format (i.e. MM/DD/YYYY).
6. Citizenship (CTZ) Block. Enter “U.S.” if the subject is a citizen of the United States; otherwise, enter the appropriate country. Use the correct abbreviation for foreign countries or correctly spell the name of the country. “YES” or “NO” responses are not acceptable.
7. Sex (SEX) Block. Sex must be indicated by either “F” (female) or “M” (male).