Can I Apply for Tax Stamp Now for a Silencer I Want to Buy Later?

Can you apply for a tax stamp now for a silencer that you want to buy or plan to buy in the future to get the ball rolling?  This is a question that we hear quite often.  The answer is no.  You will need to have the serial number among other items on the ATF Form 4 before you can submit the ATF Form 4 paperwork to the ATF.  If you are buying a new silencer then you will need to have your silencer mailed to your local store, if the silencer isn't already there, before you can apply for your tax stamp.

Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts