Can You Keep an NFA Firearm During the Transfer from an Individual to a Gun Trust?

You can use the ATF Form 4 to transfer an individually owned NFA firearm into your gun trust after you have taken possession of it. You will still be able to have possession of the NFA firearm as an individual while your ATF Form 4 tax stamp is being approved, but the benefits of the gun trust won't be effective until your new tax stamp is approved. You will also need to pay the ATF $200 to transfer the NFA firearm from yourself as an individual into your gun trust. 

Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts