How Do You Void or Withdraw a Form?

A “Void” is requested when the form has already been approved. A “Withdraw” is requested when the form is still pending. Provide a signed and dated letter requesting to void or withdraw including the reason and serial number. Email the request to (For a request to “void” an approved Form 1 or 4 when the making or transfer did not occur, the request should also be accompanied by the original tax-exempt form).

Source: NFA Form 1 Submission External Guidance with -

Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts