Missouri State NFA Rules and Allowable NFA Itemsby National Gun Trusts
Missouri is an NFA friendly state that allows for the legal possession of all NFA items, as long as they are properly registered with the federal government. In addition, a legally owned suppressor may be used while hunting in Missouri.
Possession of NFA Items:
Section 571.020. Possession--manufacture--transport--repair--sale of certain weapons a crime--exceptions--penalties.
1. A person commits a crime if such person knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) An explosive weapon;
(2) An explosive, incendiary or poison substance or material with the purpose to possess, manufacture or sell an explosive weapon;
(3) A gas gun;
(4) A bullet or projectile which explodes or detonates upon impact because of an independent explosive charge after having been shot from a firearm; or
(5) Knuckles; or
(6) Any of the following in violation of federal law:
(a) A machine gun;
(b) A short-barreled rifle or shotgun;
(c) A firearm silencer
2. A person does not commit a crime pursuant to this section if his conduct involved any of the items in subdivisions (1) to (5) of subsection 1, the item was possessed in conformity with any applicable federal law.
*NOTE: Emphasis added
This information is provided as a service to the public. It is NOT intended as legal advice and should never be considered as such. This information was up to date at the time of publication.
Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts
Funding Your NFA Gun Trust Paperwork
What is the purpose of funding your NFA gun trust? Funding your NFA gun trust paperwork is required for your trust t...
Changing/Updating your Maiden Name to your Married Name on a Gun Trust
When you originally setup and created your revocable NFA gun trust you may have added your soon to be spouse to your ...
Do you Need to Attach your Passport Photo to the ATF 5320.23 for the ATF eForm 1 Application?
When you apply using the ATF eForm 1 system, you will need to submit your ATF 5320.23 form by uploading it to your AT...