Missouri State NFA Rules and Allowable NFA Itemsby National Gun Trusts
Missouri is an NFA friendly state that allows for the legal possession of all NFA items, as long as they are properly registered with the federal government. In addition, a legally owned suppressor may be used while hunting in Missouri.
Possession of NFA Items:
Section 571.020. Possession--manufacture--transport--repair--sale of certain weapons a crime--exceptions--penalties.
1. A person commits a crime if such person knowingly possesses, manufactures, transports, repairs, or sells:
(1) An explosive weapon;
(2) An explosive, incendiary or poison substance or material with the purpose to possess, manufacture or sell an explosive weapon;
(3) A gas gun;
(4) A bullet or projectile which explodes or detonates upon impact because of an independent explosive charge after having been shot from a firearm; or
(5) Knuckles; or
(6) Any of the following in violation of federal law:
(a) A machine gun;
(b) A short-barreled rifle or shotgun;
(c) A firearm silencer
2. A person does not commit a crime pursuant to this section if his conduct involved any of the items in subdivisions (1) to (5) of subsection 1, the item was possessed in conformity with any applicable federal law.
*NOTE: Emphasis added
This information is provided as a service to the public. It is NOT intended as legal advice and should never be considered as such. This information was up to date at the time of publication.
Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts
What to do if your CLEO Copy/ATF Copy of ATF eForm 1 Photo is Sideways
What do you do if your CLEO Copy/ATF Copy of ATF eForm 1 Photo is Sideways when you are applying using the ATF eForm ...
What is the Purpose of the ATF 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionnaire?
We get asked this question all the time. Either the question is, "What is the Purpose of the ATF 5320.23 Responsible...
Which ID is Required to Pick up your NFA Firearm? - Silencer, SBR, ETC
When you as an individual or a responsible person within your NFA gun trust/legal entity have received the call from ...