What to Do if Your ATF eForm 1 is Approved After You Have Moved?

In some cases you might find yourself having to move while you have a pending ATF eForm 1 application.  This can be especially true now that at the time of publishing the pending research phase of ATF eForm 1 applications is well past 6 weeks.  If you do find yourself in a position where you have moved and later have an approved ATF eForm 1, you don't need to cancel the approved application.  You can still make the NFA Firearm in the new county/state that you have moved to, assuming that the state that you moved to allows for the ownership of that NFA Firearm.  Depending on the NFA Firearm that you are making, you may need to complete an ATF 5320.20 to update the permanent address change from the original application address, to the new address of the NFA firearm before making the NFA Firearm.  A question about the engraving often arises in this situation, as well.  You will engrave the NFA Firearm with the applicants information, trust information, city and state that are located on the approved ATF eForm 1.  For example, if you are moving from Texas to Oklahoma, you will engrave the applicants name / name of your Texas gun trust, the city in Texas as shown on the approved ATF eForm 1 and Texas, as well.  This information can be found in Box 3b of your approved ATF eForm 1.  Note: this process doesn't apply for ATF Form 4 applications that have been approved since moving.  You can find that information here - What if I move before my ATF Form 1, ATF Form 4, or ATF Form 5 Paperwork is Approved?

Other NFA Gun Trust and ATF Related Blog Posts

  • Missing ATF eForm 4 CLEO Copies
    Missing ATF eForm 4 CLEO Copies

    When you apply for a ATF Form 4 using the ATF's eForm website, the ATF will send you a completed copy of the form to submit to your CLEO and have for your records.  However, there is no CLEO copy i...

  • ATF Forms Method of Payment for Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order Signature
    ATF Forms Method of Payment for Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order Signature

    When applying for a tax stamp with a Check, Cashier's Check or Money Order, the information below the radio buttons don't need to be completed for Box 20 of the ATF Form 1 and Box 23 of the ATF For...

  • ATF eForm 4 - No Photo Shown
    ATF eForm 4 - No Photo Shown

    We are getting reports from applicants that are using the ATF eForm 4 applications having issues seeing the passport photo that is uploaded to the application.  Reports are that this is normal and ...